Apply learning, foster thinking skills, and increase procedural fluency
The ORIGO Education Think Tanks provide ready-to-use opportunities for Grade 1–6 students to apply learning, foster thinking skills, and increase procedural fluency.
The Think Tanks come in four categories and are organised into 12 sets of 20 cards in each box. The cards increase in difficulty from one set to the next set. These flexible and powerful exercises are suitable for whole group, small group, or independent work and complement any core mathematics program. Teacher notes offer implementation support.
There is so much thinking INSIDE a box!
Meaningful opportunities for applying learning, fostering thinking and increase procedural fluency
- All mathematical strands represented.
- Focused on thinking mathematically through fractions, problem-solving, number sense, computation, measurement, and geometry exercises.
- Engaging and fun for students with imaginative categories: Quick Thinkers, Speedy Starters, Brain Builders, Mental Teasers, Mind Benders, Head Sharpeners, Pace Setters, Fast Figures, Number Jugglers, Wise Workers, Super Solvers, and Grand Masters.
Easy preparation for teacher:
- Flexible implementation.
- Support and application of/with mathematical practices.
- Reasoning about fractions builds concepts and reinforces operational skills of fractions, decimals, and ratios.
- Available for Grades 1–6.
We grow with you as your classroom changes. We are your partner in the maths community.
Teacher tested, classroom perfected.
Each box contains:
- 240 laminated problem cards
- a reproducible student progress chart
- key problems for student portfolios
- teacher notes
- answer cards