Features & Benefits
In early childhood, children should experience both repeating and growing patterns. The activities in each unit of this book contains three activities for each of the following five mathematical strands:
- Space and Shape
- Chance and Data
- Patterns in Algebra
The Pre-K to 1st grade mathematical processes activities in each strand involve helping young children develop skills for identifying, exploring and predicting patterns.
These activities encourage children to:
- Communicate reasoning
- Engage in discussion
- Reflect on experiences
- Connect new ideas with existing mathematical knowledge
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Promoted in Students
- Expand and deepen conceptual knowledge
- Encourage representation abilities
- Strengthen problem solving skills
- Develop communication skills
- Problem solve and connect mathematical ideas
The Mathematics for Young Minds Set is a collection of 6 teacher instruction activity books for Pre-K through to Grade 1. The series provides activities that are rich in concrete materials and language to expand and deepen conceptual knowledge.
These activities, which include blackline masters, help young children in the initial reasoning processes of identifying and describing attributes, matching, sorting, comparing, measurement, and ordering.